Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Last hike in Kauai

Since arriving to the Princeville/Hanalei area I have been mesmorized by the twin peak mountain top seen here in the top right corner of the image [you may have to click on the picture to enlarge it to see the peaks]. I read once the twin peaked mountain being referred to as "Bat Ears" and it stuck in my mind because the two peaks are reminscent of a cowl of Batman. The offical name is Hihimanu but I have also heard it called Hahalua - the Hawaiian name for Manta Ray since it looks like the head of a manta ray. Anyway, I have always wanted to hike up to the top of that mountain and did part of the hike when I first arrived on the island. I knew the hike to the peak should not be done alone so I needed to find a partner in crime. I was very fortunate to meet a guy named Craig Pearson (also a great, honest real estate agent email him if you are interested in Kauai real estate). Craig is an ex-white water river guide, ex-rock climber, and current skate boarder and surfer who is also adventuresome enough to go with me on this hike. Posted by Picasa

This hike was one of the last things I really wanted to do while in Kauai. We left on Sunday morning at 8:30 am for what we thought was a 4 hour hike...but much like Guilligan's Island, we were a bit off on our estimate for the time it would require. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Degrees