Sunday, July 17, 2005

Inside this quaint small church are some kickass stained glass windows. The colors were ultravivid. I like this image of the agrarian Jesus, sort of the Johnny Appleseed for Our Souls. Posted by Picasa

Well, maybe not my soul but I am sure he has big plans for yours. Speaking of Jesus and his dad - God, I have been struck lately by the strangest reaction I have been getting from some older retirees I have met at the condo. When they learn about me and my search for the spider their reaction is to tell me they are going to pray for me. Pray for me to find the spider. And they tell me this in all sincerity. I want to tell them to petition God for real change - end of starvation, poverty, or any of the ills of the world that create major human suffering.

Praying to God so I can find some obscure spider in the middle of the pacific seems like a colossal waste of God's time. Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Degrees