Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Speed Racer Kauai


8:30 AM. It is Sunday and my friend Phil leaves on Monday. He arrived from Florida on Friday, 48 hours before. Yes, he flew a 18+ hour flight to come and see me for 72 hours. His combined flight to and home is almost as long as the time he spent here. We were supposed to kayak around the island but our guide flaked out on us at the last moment and canceled the trip. Thanks Melissa for nothing. I was so pissed because she was not even professional enough to tell us herself. I called her every day at the begining of the week to find out where we were to meet her and she never would return my call. I thought it was just bad timing, turns out she was avoiding us. I spent $30 on camping permits to Kalalau valley that are sitting in my glove box unused. Anyway, on Phil's last day we decided to be Speed Racer and see as much as the island as possible. [WARNING this is the largest single posting I have ever done - over 30 photos and my rambling text. Refill the coffee cup, or glass of wine or bourbon and get comfortable. Thanks for reading]Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Degrees