Sunday, July 17, 2005

We drove down to the end of the street from the church to go to the Kilauea lighthouse and bird sanctuary. Posted by Picasa


Normally I really try to avoid having people in my photos, unless I am specifically photographing them. I realized I never took a picture of the lighthouse when I previously visited here. I waited for this old man to photograph the sign and leave. I waited and waited and waited as the old man leaned in and leaned out as the sign blew in the wind, he shifted from portrait to landscape and then back again, and he fiddled in front of the sign for 5 minutes, never taking the picture. As my patience was leaving me I realized he was becoming more interesting than the lighthouse so I finally quit waiting for him to leave and included his obvious frustration in my lighthouse portrait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Degrees