Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Shayne, like most girls in this age of accelerated development, is 9 going on 15. My hope is to keep her from fledging until she is 19. This past weekend she decided she wanted to surf, we borrowed a beginner surf board from a random lady on the beach (I had done a good samaritan deed for her a hour before). Anyway, Shayne got up on the board immediately. After a couple of hours of this we returned the board to the lady but Shayne was not done with the surf experience so we asked an aquaintance named Mitch (he owns Hawaii Surf & Adventure - use him when you are in Hanalei, excellent surf instructors) and he lent Shayne a short board. The new board was shorter, faster and was not like the starter long board she was just using. Somehow I hid my doubt from her and she proved me wrong by getting right up on the board (and falling right down, but after 5 tries she was riding it like she owned it). Anyway, she surfed the rest of the day and had me take her back out Sunday morning. She was hot to surf but the weather was miserable. Rained us out. Come Monday, Shayne has no interest in surfing. So I take the board back to Mitch. Hot and Cold she runs. Damn mystery to me. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Degrees