Thursday, April 14, 2005

The entrance to turtle cave is spectacular. Fresh water drips down the cliff face creating a gentle veil of rain you have to step through to get into the cave. Inside the cave are strewn piles of broken coral and shells. Needless to say, Etel spent about 1/2 hour with a flashlight searching through the dross.


The cave itself is a gentle U shape where for a couple of steps in the dark you cannot see the light at the other end. It is the first time I have ever felt claustrophobic, I really could feel the weight of the lava above me press down. I never knew what people meant when they said that before, but instead of scaring me it was a really cool sensation. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...you have no idea how it warms my heart to know that Etel is a "sheller"!!!

xxx
e.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Sabbatical Life said...

She is not a sheller as much as an obsessed individual

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Degrees