Monday, March 14, 2005

II Ides of March

One of the most difficult adjustments I have had to make since coming to Kauai is shifting out of 'vacation' mindset. When you are on vacation you really have no desire to vacuum, wash bathrooms, or clean windows. However you do have a desire to drink rum early in the afternoon. Of course, we are not on vacation and I have to convince myself to do the contrary of both desires. Today was house cleaning day, and while we were at it we cleaned the youngest sprog - Max. Posted by Hello

There is some sort of mysterious physical force of attraction, not yet described mathematically, where naked clean children extracted from the bath are immediately drawn to hide under the covers of the nearest made bed.

1 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Blogger rob{ert} said...

Ah, I know well the temptations associated with sabbatical life, having spent about 14 months away from teaching a couple of years ago, with two of them in Ireland. The rum will get you, so watch out. But I'd be the last to tell you to ignore the siren call of the ocean, so get it while you can!

On another note, I've adopted your alcohol-under-the-armpits solution in lieu of anti-perspirant and it seems to work just fine. My family has me worried, however, asking me how I know I'm not just one of those stinky guys who can't get a whiff of his own foul stench.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Degrees